Friday 25 September 2009

Gutted - water filter bottle

*Water filter bottle invention*

I'm gutted!

This was the bright idea I had last year in Small Business Management class...the filter built into a bottle, reducing plastic waste and therefore better for the environment. I just didn't have the technical and scientific knowledge to try and develop it into something worth patenting fast enough.

Oh well, this guy developed it with a bigger cause in mind (halting the spread of diseases in developing countries) so I can't feel too bad. There are probably thousands of lives which will now be saved because of this development...as for the commercial market in developed countries, its something I think could replace the need for buying bottled water.

Check it out, it really is great:
http://www.ted.com/talks/michael_pritchard_invents_a_water_filter.html

At least its nice to know I have good ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment