Thursday 24 September 2009

The ball has started rolling (slowly)

***Latest buys***

More charity shop finds!

River Island couture top
= £2.50 (worn to a fashion show and party within a day of purchase)
Christopher Lee autobiography:
= £1.00 (brilliant actor!)

Its a great time to visit right now as we're in a seasonal transition where all the spring/summer wardrobes are being cleared to make way for the new arrivals :) I went to Chelsea over the weekend to see the Thrive! exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery which was great and very inspiring. But on the subject of Chelsea, does anyone know of any good charity shops in that area? I figure its going to be a new haunt of mine.

***Latest job news: PROGRESS***

Thanks to some friendly help I now have a temp job in the International department of a place I used to work and very excited about the prospect of having an income again, if only until Dec. This means I probably won't have to physically create/make my Christmas presents this year...although I've since been told this is a preferred option for some. Wow, tomorrow it will be exactly 3 months to the day!

I've also been invited for my first 'real' job interview in the first week of Oct...for a six-month Research internship I applied for at the Red Cross head offices in London. It is only expenses paid but seeing as I haven't had any other real prospects, i.e. progressed past the application stage to date from other unpaid internships (let alone permanent paid roles) I take this as a very good sign of things getting slightly better. In the meantime I'm still on the lookout for grad jobs in Marketing...the positive of having a temp job now is that I've bought myself a couple more months to not feel pressured into taking anything non-career directed. Tomorrow I'm off to the QS Diversity job forum/exhibition - I'm really keen to get onto the L'oreal Management Training Scheme.

***Latest non-visit: PHYSIO***

I cancelled my last optional appointment because as much as I loved going I decided the gym was a better option. Feeling much better for it! Circuit Training today was tough...it was just me and five guys - I think that may have made me work harder. Oh and I have conquered my fear of the treadmill, haven't yet fallen off :) touch wood

And on a kind of related topic - health?, I've gone off chicken donar kebabs thanks to Ty and his news articles (retaliation for the new smoking research I sent him, which shows heart diseases have declined since the UK brought in the smoking ban).

No comments:

Post a Comment