Friday 31 July 2009

Here jobby jobby jobby

Definitely not impressed with the current UK job market!

Dozens of applications later, many companies have failed to even acknowledge receipt of the application (bad bad form) and the speed of other rejections has been swift, some merely hours after submission (which I suppose is better than being left hanging). The most shocking thing are the Internships, many of which do not even state a salary and the ones which are paying minimum wage and still not getting back to me with anything...and here I was thinking I'd be attractive to many a company! Employers must be loving this recession for the mere fact that they get to pick and choose more than ever before, knowing that they can push down salaries and that we don't have many other options right now....bring on the next economic boom I say!

It appears that a 1st class honours in International Marketing and years of various work experience is not enough these days to even secure an initial interview. Now, some of you may think, maybe its the application which is the problem? Doubtful, I've had both cover letters and CVs checked by friends who work in HR, others who have had to do hiring and firing in management roles, lecturers, careers advisors...all to no avail.

Its frustrating but what to do? Carry on plouging on I suppose in the meantime thinking about more independent entrpreneurial ideas as backup - unfortunately I have nothing viable at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment